Degos of Mosstone
Vigilant Eyes of the Deity
Helm is a Lawful Neutral deity. His symbol is a staring eye with blue iris on an upright war gauntlet, his divine realm is Everwatch in the House of the Triad, and his domains are Law, Planning, Protection, and Strength. The deity wields “Ever Watchful”, a +4 holy keen lawful Bastard Sword, the favored weapon of his faith.
Helm’s faith is (or was) especially popular in Cormyr, the Dragon Coast, Tethyr, the Vilhon Reach, and the Western Heartlands.
Helmites have long been respected and revered for their dedication and purpose, and their pledge to come to the defense of those who call for it. They wear polished full suits of armor often with plumed helmets. Their hierarchy is strict and militaristic, with specific groups such as the order of paladins called the Vigilant Eyes of the Deity, and originally also a single pontiff (head of the church)—the Supreme Watcher. There has not been someone in this post since 992 DR, though.
Titles used by the clergy of Helm are (in ascending order of rank): Novice, Adept, Trusty, Alert, Watchknight, Guardian, Overblade, High Watcher, and Senior Steeleye (A title applied to all senior clergy).
– The only calendar-related ritual observed by Helmites, a festival to honour Helm celebrated on each Shieldmeet.
– Confirmation of new clergy
– Dedication of an item to Helm’s service
– An atonement for a shortcoming in vigilance, loyalty or worship
– Ceremony marking the ascension of a priest to a higher rank